Monday, August 15, 2011
Trivia Time Wannabe: Disaster Movie Edition!
1. What classic film actress played herself in a 1970s disaster movie? Name to the film, too!
2. This Hammer film star played a character who died performing a heroic act in another 1970s disaster flick. Name the performer and the movie?
3. What's the connection between these three films: Earthquake, Rollercoaster, and Midway.
4. What former football player was a security guard in a disaster film? Yes, you gotta name the film, too.
5. Airplane! has a funny a scene where a flight attendant borrows a guitar from a nun and sings to an ill little girl. Name the movie where a similar scene actually occurred, who played the nun, and who played the little girl. As a bonus, name the signature pop song that the "nun" turned into a culural anthem.
6. What two Oscar-winning songs were from disaster movies of the 1970s? Names the films and who sang the songs on the soundtracks.
7. Which song in #6 became a No. 1 hit on the Billboard Hot 100 chart? Who lip-sync'ed the song in the movie?
9. This British actor starred in two disaster films. One generated a lot of buzz, but was a boxoffice bust. The other was a sequel to a much more successful film. Name the actor and both movies.
10. What 1976 film about a nuclear-powered vehicle named Cyclops spoofed the disaster film genre?