If you're grading yourself: 46-50 correct answers means that--like me--you've spent too much time watching spooky movies! 40-45 means you're a horror film authority who routinely amazes your friends. 30-39 means you typically breeze through all the movie categories on Jeopardy! Any score over 20 is pretty impressive; a fellow film buff validated the quiz and found some questions to be difficult.
Answers will be printed at the end of the week (if they're not all answered before then).
|A haunting image from Curse of|
the Cat People.
2. Was there a supernatural creature in The Undying Monster and, if so, what was it?
3. Were there any Cat People in Curse of the Cat People?
4. In what movie did vampires pound nightly on Morgan's door?
5. What happened to the "creature" at the end of Frankenstein Created Woman?
6. What's the connection between the TV series Gunsmoke and some of Universal's monster movies?
|Chris Lee was one of the|
stars, but whose nose is that?
8. What's the 1940s film about a mad scientist that shrunk people?
9. What are two connections between Captain Kronos--Vampire Hunter and the TV series The Avengers?
10. What plant is mentioned in the famous poem from Universal's The Wolf-Man?
11. What were the four Universal monsters that appeared in Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein?
12. What plant are the werewolves obsessing about in Werewolf of London?
13. What's unique about the vampire's assistant in Universal's Return of the Vampire?
14. What movie featured this memorable line of dialogue: "Speak. I know you have a civil tongue in your head, because I sewed it back myself!”
15. What are the names of the three films in Hammer's Karnstein Trilogy?
16. What classic 1930s horror film is about "synthetic flesh" and why is notable historically?
|F.W. Murnau's Nosferatu.|
17. What happens to the vampire at the end of Murnau's Nosferatu?
18. What was in the maze in William Cameron Menzies' The Maze?
19. What was Dr. Frankenstein's first name in Bride of Frankenstein?
20. Who is the only actor to win an Oscar playing a monster?
21. What is the connection between Universal's Dracula (1931) and Hammer's Blood from the Mummy's Tomb (1971)?
22. What popular 1980s TV star starred in a remake of the Hammer film in #21?
|Spain's top horror star--who is he?|
23. Who is Spain's most famous horror actor?
24. What Western TV series star famously played a werewolf and in what movie?
25. The Strange Adventure of David Gray is better known by what title (spelling counts!)?
That completes Part 1 of our Halloween Classic Movie Super Quiz! Part 2 will appear on Wednesday.